A CALL for COLLARS: “Feel the FRILL”
The Ginsburg Gauntlet* Exhibition
Nov. 3rd – Dec. 3rd, 2020
Sculpture To Wear Gallery has a 21-year history of curating and hosting poignant, cutting-edge exhibitions by award-winning international artists. In keeping with this tradition, we are seeking edge-dwellers, truth-seekers and history-makers to participate in a timely exhibition honoring Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who “changed minds and made change happen.” One-of-a-kind works are requested, however limited editions up to 10 in a series will be considered. We are opening up the floor to include other art media as well: painting, sculpture. Photographs, textiles, honoring the achievements of the Great Equalizer. Read More
From the Curator: An Unreasonable Exhibition
Lisa M. Berman
I almost gave up on this exhibition before I started, but then my signature character of being “unreasonable” set in. Being unreasonable has a myriad of connotations for people based on their perspective (half empty/ half-full), the time in which they grew up (be seen, not heard) and the origin of dictionary on their desk (yes, a bonafied book with pages). Mine stems from an innate inability to give up based upon outside influence of what is acceptable, the norm, or an easy route (in or out). My DNA of medical inventors, technology wireless wizards, glass ceiling-breakers, indelible style-makers and photographers changing the world, has no room for mediocrity…Read More
The show, conceptualized and curated by Lisa M. Berman, Visionary Proprietor of Sculpture To Wear Gallery, hosts an impressive judging panel of 8:
- Averie Bishop (Director of The Tulong Foundation; Law Student; Miss Dallas 2020)
- Lisa Englander (Principal, Guest Experience and Retail Division, Racine Art Museum)
- Amy V. Grimm (Independent Curator; Professor of Art History)
- Jayne Herring (Founder of Art for Dignity; Advocate for Social Justice and the Arts)
- Neha Husein (Founder & CEO of Just Drive; Human Rights Entrepreneur)
- Berta Montoya (Chief Financial Officer, The US Lifestyle Group LLC)
- Dawn Neufeld (Attorney, Activist for Autism, Television Personality)
- Isabela Varela (Eco-Fashion Environmentalist & Designer, Film maker)
The 9th seat will be kept empty in honor of RBG.
With gratitude to Bruce Pepich Director of the Racine Art Museum, for being our Honorary Chair.
Special thanks to our media sponsor US Lifestyle Group & CEO Uriel Saenz.